Originally Posted by anthropic
1.15 to 1 conversion rate is remarkable. However, in a natural pond setting that does not mean that only .15 of the feed leaves the fish. After all, they eat bugs & fish along with the pelleted feed, so gain weight from that as well. True conversion rate can only be determined by artificial situation where fish only eat the pellets.

If true conversion rate really is 1.15 to 1, that's by far the best number I've ever come across.
Actually, Purina (and Bob Lusk)says 1.2 to 1 is very common, so I have no issues with 1.15 to 1. Now, fish free swimming in a pond vs caged can be 2 different things. Biomass of fish can change that as more fish means more competition and the most aggressive will grow way faster than normal
In my own trial I seen 1.43 to 1 but had I ran it longer I may have seen better results.
I have 4 trials I'm doing on my own for my own reasons right now, and on Saturday I finished my 11th bag of feed so far this year.
Some of these conversations about feeding have become competitive on so many levels it's almost confusing, and, there is argument that whatever feed you use is wrong and yet positive results are obtained.
Bottom line is if your fish eat it, are constantly above 100% WR, you've got a good combination of feed/pond organisms that will 99.9% of the time, meet your desires.
Several folks have helped me in many ways here on this forum but some of this has got to a point I don't want to participate anymore, not that I can provide the most useful information to anyone except those in the same locations/environment I have experience in, but the competitive nature of this has become uncomfortable and somewhat useless to what I believe most are here for.

Billy Bates: I just received some new production Optimal today that was just finished and bagged 5 days ago per Mark. Sounds like some lines are being tweaked a bit and will be back in stock shortly.