Hey guys my Dad had a pond put in about 10 years ago. Its just over 2.5 suface acrs and its 16ft deep. We have in it CC, HBG, BG, white crappie, yellow perch, and LMB. The average size of the BG are about 8-10in and weigh about 1lbs. The CC are about 4lbs, LMB are about 12in .5lbs, The yellow perch and white crappie were added last year on April 30th of 2021 at 100 yellow perch at 4-6in long, the white crappie were the same at 100 and also 4-6in long. We also added 3000 Flat Head Minnows. During ice fishing this past winter we caught some of the White crappie which they grown to 8in-10in. We have yet to catch any of the yellow perch.

Back in Janunary of this year I ordered 5000 minnows for the pond and they came in and will be put into the pond tomorrow. For the last 4 years we always added 3000 minnows and this year I bumped it up to 5000. I told my dad they were in and he said this is going to be the last year for them cause he wants to balance the pond out. Which to me makes no sense. So I am wondering should we keep adding minnows to the pond? Or wait and see what all is swimming along the shore come late summer? Last summer I did see alot of smaller BG, LMB, along with tad poles, and Minnows. So do you think the pond by now is making enough food for the bigger fish so that I should not have to worry about stocking minnows? Or should I just keep adding minnows secretly?