A different side of Ray - one not noted enough.

At the first Pond Boss Conference I brought 2 paintings like this shown at the Mod's booth.

[Linked Image]

One was an auction/drawing item. One was drawn and the one you see in the booth was (not for sale). We also had a contribution jar where money from George's flies and other donated items went. All of the money was for college scholarships. Ray liked the pic in the Booth. I explained the history behind the pic and said it's not for sale, but you can have it because you will be showing it to other fishermen etc. that come through your house. He said thank you and ask how much the pic was worth. I told him that there were none for sale. He pulled out his wallet and took out a number of one-hundred-dollar bills and put them in the donation jar and said don't tell anyone. Now that Ray is gone the story should be told. I would bet that there are hundreds of stories of his kindness and graciousness just like this one.

A lifetime event was fishing from Campbell's Cabins with Bob, Ray, Johnny Morris, Bill Dance and the crew.

Last edited by ewest; 05/10/22 11:19 AM.