Questions:

I am pondering as to how I am going to build the minnow hotel structures inside the cage.

Would a 9 inch section of 3 diameter corrugated pipe be enough for a minnow to spawn in? I'm wanting to stack as many as I can in the cage but I'd hate to build structures that are worthless to the minnows.

I could also step it up to 12 inch long, 4" diameter pipe. I am also wondering if some minnows will utilize the areas created between the tubes created as I stack and bundle them all together.

Will only one minnow spawn and defend each section of tube or will some of them share space?

Do the minnows lay eggs on the roof or the floor? I am planning on adding some wood sections inbetween some pipe rows. What should be the minimum width of the board I use for that in order to get a minnow to spawn on it?

I know it's a lot of questions and I appreciate all that help to give input on this topic. I still haven't gotten my mesh delivered yet. I hope it gets here soon. We are looking at rain going into the weekend and that will provide me with time and an excuse to get out of the gardens an on to a new and fun project.