Thank you for posting the link Eric. I know he wasn't posting a formula for Optimal, Triton, or Aquamax but I was very surprised that fishmeal was such a small proportion of the overall feed in his example formulation for BG (everyone you need to click the link and read). It is formulations like this that farmers have a mill manufacture customized feed.

For a lot feeds, the materials list is often either available or declared on packaging. Why is it that we are not privy to such information in the way cattle farmers and pig farmers are? What are your thoughts on the weight percent of fish meal for various feeds ... I mean do you have knowledge that you haven't been sworn to secrecy for? It would be great to know what percentage of each vendors feed is fish meal and whether this ingredient remains consistent (kind of like a quality guarantee). I've know for long time that the percentage of fishmeal in these feeds are limited to less than 30%, something that can be calculated from phosphorus % but after reading your link my hunch is that it rarely exceeds 20% fish meal by weight. This one ingredient tells a lot of the story how good a feed is for LMB and/or BG.

Jim Wetzel has fed 100% dehydrated fish and remarked that the conversion was best with it. There is no published data with regard to that. One of my interests is to learn what that conversion may have been.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers