Originally Posted by esshup
Originally Posted by Quarter Acre
Consider using light PCV pipe for the egg laying, and/or the corrugated plastic sheet that cheap signs are made of. Both are light and I have seen other's success with regards to holding eggs (in aquariums). As far as size of either, I'd try items that are at least a foot long (or a foot square) an no more than 3 foot.

A male FHM tries to lay claim to an area that is about 18" square whenever possible.

This is good stuff to know and I'm glad to get valuable input on the questions I ask. Thank you!

So that means that my space available inside my cage will be at a premium. I likely won't be able to expect an enormous number to spawn at any one time unless males allow more than one female to come lay eggs in their defended space.

I sounds like layers stacked on one another may be a better choice than tubes, although the tubes will also have areas and surfaces inbetween and outside of them. Still though, at 4" wide, it may make things tight without much wiggle room inbetween. Layering/stacking surfaces may be the way to go.