Originally Posted by Snipe
Guys, I finally caught one of the fish we gathered at snrub's place. 7-8" fish turned into a nice 16", healthy specimen. I think I brought 5 or 6 home. I had a buddy that caught one last summer late that was about 12" but healthy so I know at least 2 survived the 535 mile trip.

Cool! Glad they survived and grew! I'm anxious to see how they are this spring in my ponds.

I only wish you would have had room for more of them, but I know your pond size and stocking limited you. I certainly had no shortage! The 500 little inch and a half long fingerlings certainly did quite ok in my forage pond to raise them.

I have to figure out what to do with that forage pond this year. There are still a few HSB in there because the very short period I did some hand feeding last year I could get a few up to the top to take some feed. What else is in there I have no idea. I could not believe there were still FHM's when we seined it.

We had a good time that day. Thanks again for your extremely helpful oversight of the project. Without you, it never would have got done. Thanks! Stop by again when in the area.

For anyone who wants to read about raising HSB from fingerlings to stock in another pond, it is in this thread and starts at the bottom of the page here.
https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=547489&page=6

Last edited by snrub; 05/05/22 08:13 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine