Originally Posted by cb100
[u][/u]I did a reset on my fifty year old pond last summer. Cleaned out all of the muck and it filled during the winter. I transferred fhm and GSH to the pond placed spawning structure and they are doing their part. I stocked rbt and am feeding them trout food my water is very clear it's great for watching the trout but I am curious if there is enough food for the fry to survive without creating an algae bloom. As a side note I have several Canadian geese and several ducks that visit regularly plus one hen mallard with ten ducklings

cb100, fry survival is low in clear water. If your hardness and ph are good then try an organic fertilizer like cotton seed meal, alfalfa, or rice bran. Use 50 lbs/acre for the initial treatment and then follow up with 25 lbs/acre as needed. Allow at least 10 days for the bloom to establish. If you don't get a bloom you may need to adjust water parameters to values favorable to phytoplankton.

Last edited by jpsdad; 04/30/22 08:21 AM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers