Thank you for the grass suggestions!

At this time I'm heavily considering what forms of habitat I'll be creating for the minnows and forage in the pond while at the same time trying to balance the physical appearance. My wife isn't very found of seeing the black plastic piping and buckets, so I'm hesistant to add more artificial structure and cedar/brush in shallow water that will be seen in water fluctuations.

That has led me to the rabbit hole of pond plants! I see there is tremendous amounts of converstaion about hybrid water lilies, and a few other non invasive species. I'm attaching the area that I believe would serve as a good place for plants as it is relatively shallow and comes close to my spider armies. The green area I was thinking would be a great area for plants, and then the black area for some rip rap or whatever rock I can find over time.

For plants I was considering dwarf hybrid water lilies planted in containers and managed for spread, and potentially another plant. From my research here I have seen flag iris, pickerel weed, and arrowhead reccomended. Does anyone have a reccomendation out of those that would work well in 1-3' submergent? With this being a small pond I do not mind some maintenance for spread, but I've heard a lot of tales of rapid spread and nightmare. So I'm open to suggestion! Is this a crazy idea? I think it would look quite attractive vs large groups of brush and artifical structure.

Thanks as usual!

Attached Images
TYWKe0o.jpg