Originally Posted by CrazyCarl
I'd been thinking about using these guys, as they claim to have everything I want (only ones with BRES/Specklebelly & SMB)- https://raccoonvalleyfisheries.com/home-page

Curryville Fisheries is doable & B&G Levasy, Osage Catfisheries, Harrison Fishery aren't real far away & the MO Dept. of Agriculture has a list of smaller operations.

I'm more than willing to make a trip to get quality fish, but unsure of my ability to get 'em home alive. Looking at the setup Augie used, I'm guessing a sturdy tote or large cooler & a battery powered aquarium aerator ain't gonna cut it?

It won't kill me if I can't get my hands on some BRES or CSBG males. I'm sure plain old HBG will be as fun to catch & taste just as good. Growing trophy sized bream would be pretty neato, but I'm more concerned with having a steady supply of fun to catch, eating size bream, with some YP for a bit of variety.

Esshup tells me the fish market is crazy right now, so I'm just trying to figure out a way to get exactly the fish I want, vs settling for what I can find.

I went to both Curryville and Osage over the weekend. Curryville advertises a selection of fish but didn't have Walleye, Yellow Perch or Small Mouth Bass as advertised. That was the place that travels to Minnesota in the Fall for some of their fish types. They did have RES which Osage didn't have at the time.