I'd been thinking about using these guys, as they claim to have everything I want (only ones with BRES/Specklebelly & SMB)- https://raccoonvalleyfisheries.com/home-page

Curryville Fisheries is doable & B&G Levasy, Osage Catfisheries, Harrison Fishery aren't real far away & the MO Dept. of Agriculture has a list of smaller operations.

I'm more than willing to make a trip to get quality fish, but unsure of my ability to get 'em home alive. Looking at the setup Augie used, I'm guessing a sturdy tote or large cooler & a battery powered aquarium aerator ain't gonna cut it?

It won't kill me if I can't get my hands on some BRES or CSBG males. I'm sure plain old HBG will be as fun to catch & taste just as good. Growing trophy sized bream would be pretty neato, but I'm more concerned with having a steady supply of fun to catch, eating size bream, with some YP for a bit of variety.

Esshup tells me the fish market is crazy right now, so I'm just trying to figure out a way to get exactly the fish I want, vs settling for what I can find.