I'm no camera guy . Used to carry a Gopro and took some videos under water but haven't for several years. I think Ellen uses a Cannon G10 in an underwater housing, or at least she used to.

Several years ago I took some underwater videos in my main pond of BG and one RES males guarding nests. Problem was getting close enough for pictures while far enough away to not spook the males off the nest. I was only snorkeling in shallow water. I actually got some footage. Problem was I held the camera upside down on a makeshift arm (they make much better accessories now) thinking it would be like pictures, just rotate. So all my video footage was upside down. :-(

I never found an easy way to right-side up it.

Then I lost interest and never pursued it any more.

It is very tricky to get a pond clear enough to make pictures/videos worth viewing. Most of the time mine is green murk. Once in a while it might work under the right conditions. Underwater Gopros do a decent job but unless in very shallow water need artificial light also, otherwise the warmer colors fade out very quickly in murky water. Red's go first.

Last edited by snrub; 04/22/22 09:42 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine