Originally Posted by jpsdad
Oh and something I'd like to know more about. Gehajake, please share how to keep the bride oblivious to pond expenses!

That's not the easiest thing to do, but I am self a employed excavating contractor, and was able to trade out a bunch of work with my local baitshop owner that was pretty close with the fish supplier that he used regularly for his bait needs, so he was able to get the fish at almost a wholesale price and I was able to trade out clearing a bunch of land and green fields for him. worked out great for both of us,, so yeah,, the boss doesn't realize just how much of my time I spent there.
I am learning myself that a bigger body of water is really neat when its really neat, but when you look at the costs and magnitude of stuff to manage, it can be daunting, just imagine what a 1 acre pond costs and the labor to maintain, the 10 acre pond is multiplying every number by ten pretty much. I can catch enough fish to alter the populations in a 1 acre pond but when you are talking ten times that much area its a bit harder to do.
Good Luck HBound, let us know how it turns out. too many fish is a good problem to have if you got some time! worst case scenario, turn a breeding age pair of otters loose in that lake,, your fish populations will be under control in no time!

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.