Originally Posted by Sunil
Hbound, just a side note. Don't get down about your lake. I'd love to have a 35 acre BOW, warts and all.

I'll second this. +1

I spent the last half hour trying to find posts from a member of an HOA(or mutually owned lake). It's been a while and searching the archive is soooooo hard. So I didn't find it but Hbound feel free to search my posts until located. To give you some background he was dealing with same problem you have. The lake was once a trophy lake but wasn't any longer. To make a longer story shorter we found lake was something like 40 to 45 acres, had lots of weeds, had a large watershed, and its spillway was recently renovated to proactively prevent dam failure. So I asked him by chance was the prior boom period preceded by a dam failure or extended low water levels. Low and behold ... YES!. No stocking, no management, whatever was there plus whatever flowed in boomed when they were able to reflood the lake. To make the story even more interesting, he also spoke of an earlier dam break that also was followed by a 10 lb+ LMB boom period. These cycles occurred not by planning but strictly from response to dam failure drawdowns and subsequent re-flooding. The OP didn't consider draining an option given the other members of the HOA (IIRC 8 to 10 members). He was going to get feeders I think but it would be interesting to see what his path as been and what kind of improvements he is experiencing. IIRC his lake was in Georgia.

Also check out this thread and particularly this post by Bob Lusk.

https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=41241&Number=536276#Post536276

Last edited by jpsdad; 04/20/22 05:12 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers