Okay - so for soil tests on the spoil they have come back 4.7-5.0 at best, the water tested at 5.0 pH and I'm shooting for 7.0 pH. The COA's I took into consideration are the PITA issues to evenly spread crushed AgLime - cheapest by far but a huge labor (factor) to shovel it from container to something to get to the boat, shovel out/off and maybe get it on a plywood thing for a rowboat...

Next cheapest is Pelletized Lime - very easy to spread - plan to use both my and my neighbors quads with their 15gal Moultrie spreaders and

Next is a the powered lime Hydrated Lime which has a 1.27 to 1 pound used ENV and will dissolve/react overnight.

Plan:
Pond is 390 yards of shoreline on on side. We should be able to cover about 140 yrds edge to edge of the pond with the reach of the spreaders and then the rest of 250 yrds we'll get about 1/2 -1/3 covered with the spreaders.

Every 7 yards back the quad to pond edge and spread 2 bags or 80# of pelletized lime. 56 spreading points, that should burn 112 bags, leaving 70 to spread from the boat in areas that can't be reached from land.

We'll then take the hydrated lime (caustic) out on the boat and stop every 40 yards or so and mix 2 bags into the water.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

8 Ponds in Mid-East Ohio, three streams that merge to 1.

Fishbowl Pond - 1.5 acre, family swimming hole, 22'
Figure 8 Pond - 1.25 acre, 12'
Crescent Pond - 2 acre 11'