Added 25 lb fertilizer only to deeper parts of pond so as to encourage a bloom more than plant growth. Refilled feeders and was surprised to see how differently they distributed feed despite identical throw times & same pellets. One feeder was half full, one 3/5 full, and one was maybe 1/4 full.

Decided to check out goose nest to see how many eggs she had. Transfer from boat to end of island didn't go so well, as grass clod gave way & into the drink I went. Problem: I was still wearing the face mask I used while throwing fertilizer. Even though I'm a fairly good swimmer, and I fell in maybe two feet of water, I couldn't catch my breath. When wet, the mask prevented me from getting air. Whenever I tried to inhale, I got water down my nose & throat.

Would have been ridiculous to drown that way, so I finally realized the problem & tore off the mask. Sopping wet, with pond weed in my hair, I made quite a sight for my wife. She was both frightened & amused at my antics, as was the goose.

By the way, there were seven eggs. That knowledge was definitely not worth getting my wallet, cash, phone & clothes submerged.

Last edited by anthropic; 04/15/22 01:28 AM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160