I glanced at the Wiki article. They reference the "slow growth period" which is a stage of the human life cycle that directly preceeds puberty. This is the formative period for epi-genetic influence of germ cells. I was wondering if you may have connected "slow growth period" with "times of scarcity"? Anyways, there is no evidence that I am aware of that confirms that the progeny of stunted LMB are epi-genetically inhibited to grow as large as the progeny of LMB that reproduced while continuing to grow. This is not to say it may not be the case ... only that it is conjectural. There are other ample arguments one could make (that would be just as reasonable) that the effect may actually be the opposite. For me this is an unknown and I remain agnostic with regard to it.

As it applies to 97, I think it is inconsequential. I can with no hesitation predict that the growth of his LMB will always be forage limited. I base this on ample evidence provided by 97 and other evidence I have observed. As 97 culls his LMB they will grow larger as fewer mouths share a limited supply of forage. This supply of forage and the number of LMB competing for it, as it evolves, will always be the limiting factor.

Last edited by jpsdad; 04/14/22 08:33 AM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers