Some of us , like me, went thru their local Soil & Water Conservation Dept. in good faith & got our ponds built. We weren't trying to just build it & hope no one finds out.
Around here that's who you see if you want a pond. They come out with a laser & shoot the lines & help with soil analysis, location ect.
I still maintain they should know if any fed's should be consulted.

A local friend did go thru the ACoE & got his pond built free ! But they didn't finish it. He had to hire someone to complete the job because he couldn't get them to come back.

All I have ever read of the ACoE's is that they will at every opportunity assume authority over anything they think they can get away with. I don't believe they have the power Jersey suggests.

If you ask them if they have jurisdiction they will of course reply in the affirmative.

Jersey,
I don't blame you for being paranoid but I doubt the ACoE has the spare manpower to monitor you specifically. Were I in your shoes I would let this rest awhile & then build my pond going thru the locals & never mention the ACoE.

If you persist to insist there is no other legitimate way to build a pond than to go thru the ACoE and wish to see something in POND BOSS then I repeat my suggestion that you research & write an article for publication in POND BOSS mag.

I am always disillusioned in persons who constantly expect someone else to take up their cause & do the hard work for them.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric