Hi, we have a new pond completed in October, really it's a old pond we pumped dry, dug it all up, new dam and key, compacted, bentonite used and it finally does not leak. It's just shy of an acre, no natural spring, rain from the sky and runoff from three hills around us keep it full, It was two 18" overflow tubes to control the level. It kind of like a pool, has a shallow end then progresses deeper to 10-12 feet.

I'm outside of Nashville in Smyrna TN, I called a local Pond company to inquire about fish stocking. Our primary use will be to fish it for fun and to look at it from our front porch. The Local Pond company rep talked to me about fish, I feel good there.

I asked about Aeration telling him I was going to do a bottom bubbler, he advised against that because with the soil type we have in middle TN, largely clay, the Phosphorus levels are very high. So high that they won't do plants or install plants in ponds around here. And, he said to use a surface aerator to get oxygen into the water and help with Algae management.

I'd not heard this before so I wanted to put it out there. Thoughts and opinions welcome! Thank you!

PS. We have 120v 20 amp service at the pond available.