Originally Posted by jgr
Snipe, I have been using MVP since it has come out but this spring I ordered 4 bags each of Optimal BG and BG Junior and planed on blending. Is there some adjustment I need to make on my Texas Hunter Feeders? Something I had not thought of. Last year I had more powdering of my feed than I had had before so I thought I would try the Optimal.
When you open up the side and gain access to the spinner plate, the hub has a grub screw in it. It's a 3/32 or 1/8 allen, can't remember which. It's best to mark shaft with a sharpie before loosening set screw. You will probably need to try it before adjusting but if it throws way too much, loosen screw and lift plate upwards about .030 (half the thickness of pencil lead) and test. You want it to flow smoothly but not throw 5lbs in a 1 sec setting. I feel like 8-10ozs per second is about right. When Scott first told me how to adjust, I went from a very low quantity to what looked like 4-5lbs in 1 second-obviously too much. It doesn't take much movement to change the rate.