FishingRod,

I'll look deeper into the theory of decreasing sea level. Only a fool can't have his mind changed. If such is true, there must be a explanation for it, for example, the accumulation of ice through out the same period. That trend seems to be reversed now anyways.

As for the Oysters in Thailand. How many sites were examined? Is this formation widespread? Just one location isn't reliable. There are many examples of oyster middens worldwide for example. But even so, I am willing to entertain the idea and with other kinds of corroborating evidence I could change my mind.

Usually when one with interests is trying to prevent something from happening, they fabricate stories about how great the status quo is for everyone. Like Pierre Gosselin's likening the rise of CO2 as a greening of the Earth. Laughable really. 50 years ago we couldn't agree on whether rising CO2 would cause warming or cooling. I remember that distinctly. But only half of the argument was science. The half that claimed it would warm the Earth were the scientists and the half that claimed otherwise were just obstructionists that are now resorting to arguments like "it doesn't matter", "that effect is caused by something else", and "it's actually going to be good for us".

Hey I won't be around long enough for it to cause me any harm. When I would be troubled about something my father used to say, "One hundred years from now it won't matter." Meaning, of course, that it won't matter because I won't be here to worry about it even as a memory. I know global warming will not do me any harm ... I am just not convinced that means it doesn't matter.

Last edited by jpsdad; 04/04/22 06:29 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers