I'm not sure how much bottom muck the bacteria products remove, because my pond is just a year old. I have noticed that the autumn leaves are mostly on the bottom at the edges of the pond, rather than in the middle. That's where they float to naturally and become trapped among shoreline plants. Perhaps the muck is much thicker in most ponds around the edge?
My problem was clarity, and I did find a bacterial product which certainly helps to remove organic solids from the water and improve clarity. I tried two different types.
The liquid bacteria/enzyme product available at the farm store had no effect that I could measure from Secche disk readings.
After more research I sought a product that contained Barley straw, because apparently rotting barley straw provides specific benefit to the bacteria. I found an effective bacteria/enzyme product which contains also barley straw. It comes in a bucket of dissolvable packets, so you use so many packets depending on the pond size. The results last Fall: Secche disk readings doubled !! The product: PondFit.
I'm waiting for higher water temperature before adding a Spring dose.
Of note - last year my pond had zero flow-through, so the PondFit could not have washed out. In a pond with flow-through, it seems obvious that such products would have limited time in situ to act.

"Live your life so that when you sing your death song, you will die like a hero who is going home with no shame to meet the Creator and your family." - Tecumseh; April 9, 1809