Originally Posted by catscratch
Originally Posted by teehjaeh57
Cat I missed your bow at 19 AC. - wow, that's an ocean! We used this stocking formula for smaller bows (.25 - 3 ac) - I’m not recommending you stock 19,000 shrimp. If you would like to chat about my experience raising and stocking PK the past 15 years feel free to reach out. We can also discuss additional forage species, but important to understand the characteristics of your fishery [species present, density, supplemental feeding, etc.], your fishery goals, and how forage species interact with each other before I spout off with recommendations. Bottom line - establishing multiple forage species that overlap in their seasonal availability is a strategy I encourage provided it's not cost prohibitive. Too much to type here - we can cover a lot more ground on a call. Feel free to reach out anytime - happy to help share my experiences. Tj@hudlandmgmt.com.

Thanks for the advice and offer to help. I'll email you in a week or so to exchange numbers. I probably won't be able to give you enough of the information that you'll want but I always like to talk ponds and fishing.
Originally Posted by catscratch
Originally Posted by teehjaeh57
Cat I missed your bow at 19 AC. - wow, that's an ocean! We used this stocking formula for smaller bows (.25 - 3 ac) - I’m not recommending you stock 19,000 shrimp. If you would like to chat about my experience raising and stocking PK the past 15 years feel free to reach out. We can also discuss additional forage species, but important to understand the characteristics of your fishery [species present, density, supplemental feeding, etc.], your fishery goals, and how forage species interact with each other before I spout off with recommendations. Bottom line - establishing multiple forage species that overlap in their seasonal availability is a strategy I encourage provided it's not cost prohibitive. Too much to type here - we can cover a lot more ground on a call. Feel free to reach out anytime - happy to help share my experiences. Tj@hudlandmgmt.com.

Thanks for the advice and offer to help. I'll email you in a week or so to exchange numbers. I probably won't be able to give you enough of the information that you'll want but I always like to talk ponds and fishing.

Hey buddy that’s what I’m here for. Feel free to reach out anytime. Forage is a complex topic but nothing we can’t knock out. I’m happy to help however I can all PB family members avoid all my mistakes!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]