Originally Posted by Heppy
Esshup and or Snipe,
I’ve never had a problem with my TH feeder throwing a mix of Optimal Jr and Bass. I’m curious what the fix is if I encounter a problem in the future with the larger pellets. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Snipe is correct. It's a PITA to measure because the spin plate has a curved up lip, but the distance between the flat part of the spin plate and the bottom of the hopper is supposed to be 3/8". Can't measure with a ruler because of the lip. I took a small piece of 3/8" thick flat stock, drilled and tapped a 1/4'-20 hole in it. Put some Red Loctite on a 1/2"-20 threaded rod, screwed it into the 3/8" flat piece but not so far that it stuck out the other side of it.

Let it sit a day and that is what I use to get the basic setting on the spin plate. The hopper has to be empty of feed to adjust it. Put the flat part through the bottom of the hopper, let it sit flat on the spin plate and move it to the side just enough to get it to go under the hopper but not too far so it sits on the up-curved side of the spin plate. Loosen spin plate, move up until it contacts the bottom of the hopper, tighten the set screw on the motor shaft.

Smaller feed, make it a wee bit smaller than the 3/8" gap. I made a piece on a 3D printer to replace one of the clear plastic pieces of their hopper, hopefully I can get it tested as soon as it warms up. I want to see if I can get them to throw the 3/8" Cargill feed. If it works, then I'll approach TH about selling that piece as an option. That same piece should work just fine with all the smaller feeds.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).