You are preaching to the choir (somewhat). Several of us herein have voiced the same concerns. I'm not convinced that F1's are the answer, but there certainly is evidence to support that. I'm trying them also, and will never stock or recommend that anyone stock pure Floridas in small catch and release ponds...the really surprising thing is you are talking about 50 acres....not exactly small in my book.

You will be told...1) you just aren't a good fisherman, 2) use live BG 3) let me show you how to catch those bass. Looks like C4 has even been suggested.

Its a real problem and the most disillusioning thing I have experienced about Pond Management, including poachers/trespassers. No one ever told me that if I did everything right, I still wouldn't be able to catch bass, but that is exactly what happens. Many pros deny this happens.

What's the answer? One option is too reduce fishing pressure, limit it to only 3 or 4 times a year is what I was told (this stinks, in my opinion). Another option is to look at alternative predator fish. HSB is a great alternative to LMB in certain situations. Some of us on this forum are moving to "put and take" operations with HSB in our ponds. The early results are very encouraging.

I hope you will stay active on the Forum and share your experiences with us...we don't have many 50 acre projects to read about.

p.s. sorry Cecil I just can't help myself...at least I didn't complain about water turkeys!