Originally Posted by Mark Dyer
I have No experience with gill nets, when looking to purchase for this purpose and recommendations would help. I wouldn’t need one longer than 30’ or deeper than 5’. What brand and specs as far as line thickness and type and mesh size would I need if I were to go this route.

I would call some of the net companies and ask them for recommendations. As for feeders, we have tried and sold a LOT of different brands. A LOT. Finally decided that the PITA factor of working on the cheaper ones when something breaks or the raccoons get to tearing up isn't worth the difference in price between them and the TH feeders.

Some feeders you have to completely disassemble, remove duct tape, etc. to get to where the feed jammed. We've had TH a feeder get completely submerged about 10 years ago for 2 days. Got it out of the water, washed all the wet food out (couple hundred pounds worth), opened them up, rinsed everything off with a hose, and put in front of a fan for a day. Replaced battery and timer and it's still working today.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).