I feed aquamax MVP by hand 2 x daily when able, had bluegill come and channel catfish come to the feed never had carp or bass come and eat. At least not from the surface. I shot shad and carp with my bow whenever I could. They aren’t crazy thick in there but they are definitely in there. I may switch to optimal this year after talking to TJ. I I’ve been wanting to get a feeder for consistency just haven’t yet. I was looking at the American feeder that’s constructed out of aluminum and endorsed by bill dance. Was thinking of getting one of those through Troy Goldsby who originally messaged me about them. I haven’t seen reviews of them yet as they are newer feeder but like that they come with the solar charger etc that is extra purchase through Texas hunter feeders. They are only slightly cheaper than TH maybe $100 less. I’ll have to see. I’m on a budget and want to make a lot of artificial pvc structure as well. Hopefully I get on our HOA board next week and convince them to listen to TJ and have him guide us to a healthier more productive pond.
Ice has been off for about 2-3 days now and i curiously tossed some
Food out and had about a half dozen BG eat it on the surface. I was very surprised for the temps we have.