Great looking pond! (Except for the algae.)

I assume you DO NOT use any fertilizer on your front yard. (Fertilizer runoff would contribute to your algae growth.)

The existing fish in the pond will certainly affect your success rate from new stockings (like tilapia). If you have predation on your stocker fish, then you will generally have to pay more money for more fish or larger fish to stock.

Do you ever see your existing carp working at the surface of your pond? You may not need to re-stock on grass carp. You may just need a new species of herbivore fish. Different species graze on different algae and other plants in the pond.

I thought there was a recent post on Pond Boss about aeration affecting algae, but I couldn't find it during my search.

I believe the conclusion was - there are some ponds where the totality of circumstances are such that aeration affects some variable that reduces algae growth. In other circumstances, the aeration would NOT affect the algae growth and would be a poor investment (not counting the other benefits of aeration).

[I don't trust my memory on that discussion.] Hopefully, you can get some more responses from the Pond Boss aeration experts and algae experts!