TT,

This isn't necessarily data, just observation. For a while I was running a 1HP pump to power my aeration. My DO never got as high as I would like even though water seemed fully mixed due to constant temp top to bottom. I then added a 1/2HP pump to my system running simultaneously with my 1HP pump. Water quality seemed to improve and my DO went up to a more desirable level, but not quite where I wanted it still. I THINK if I could replace my 1/2HP pump with another 1HP pump I would be sitting pretty. Problem is my inverter, battery bank, etc isn't quite big enough for that.

I do not know exactly how much CFM is running through the quad. I am running four diffuser stations off of a valve box. I just adjust the valves to make the plumes look appropriate. I am running somewhere around `11 CFM through basically 8 discs.

Mine is a marine buoy that will support 60lbs. It is rather big. Two negatives. One it sits in a part of the lake that gets a lot of shade compared to the other diffuser sites. Two, the buoy is white. I should have painted it, but I really don't know that would've helped. I THINK ice may have gotten underneath the buoy when power was down for a week. If that happens a dome is sure to form.

I am not real sure about the litihium thing. The definitely have more useable power, BUT you pay for that in a big way $$. AFAIK, they also require battery management systems. In a super remote setting like mine complexity kills and my system already has a lot of moving parts. I need simple and reliable. To me, it's hard to beat the reliability of flooded lead acid batteries. It just means I might have to buy a bigger battery bank than I need.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management