A lot depends on how well your soil seals in the pond bottom and any incoming subsurface water. My 3rd pond is about 0.4 acres and has very little direct watershed input, but based on living on my land for 25+ years and experience while the 1st 2 ponds were being built, I tried digging it anyway. I needed a bottom drain to complete the pond due to the subsurface input from springs. I cored the other 3 sides and lined it all with clay from the spoils to block a very thin sand lens and it hold water like a drum. During the driest times, it has not even dropped 2 feet max. If I did my calculations correctly, your pond is planned to be about 60' by 60', With a maximum depth of 10', it appears it will have a pretty steep slope, so consider safety in your plans. IMO, it is better to have a small well-sealed pond than a larger leaky pond. My 4th pond was built similar to my 3rd pond but is still filling and is about 2' from full pool. I have yet to see it go through a summer, so time will tell if I successfully blocked the sand veins. Best of luck!

Last edited by RAH; 01/24/22 07:21 AM.