Talk and theory make some sense. There is evidently some investors behind this philosophy. The group is in its infancy. So far as I can tell the group is primarily theory, marketing and investment.

I realize the business is in the beginning stages. Results take time. In the video of the web site, they do not discuss any customer testimony, research results, growth results, stocking results, and studies of the catchability of their bass compared to same the age standard LM bass; both as unfished bass populations. Talk and theory. Numerous side by side test results are needed to convince me. Research should study the tendency of how well both study LMB groups (RH bass and standard bass) deal with the hook smart 'learning' tendency of the study populations over time.

I read through the descriptions of the Red Hills team. Currently their business plan is sales and marketing, sprinkled in with some fishery management which is evidenced in their prime Red Hills Team Member's work experience and history. I did not see any fish genetics PhDs, nor any member that was highly trained in genetic engineering, genetic breeding experiences, gene splicing, or experience with creating GMO fish (genetic modified organism). Those type of people are out there in the work force as evidenced by the detailed advanced work with GMO salmon and other genetic fishery science progects.

Currently there are some great genetic growth abilities of available stocker bass at various fish management companies. RHills video blames poor bass fishing results on the current bass and not the management of the water bodies. Those old pictures of many huge old bass came from under fished, low exploitation waters when modern angler methods were in their infancy. Now many fish populations have been exploited, over fished, and under or poorly managed.

There are many various current bass populations that have great growth potential. This is evidenced by results at Lakework.com, and numerous posts in the LMB Stocking Growth and Management Section of the Forum Archives:
https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=255372#Post255372

The problem as I see it for growing big bass long term for most all pond owners and private waters is due to lack of attention and implementation of the best management for maintaining abundant appropriate sized foods, proper habitat, proper water quality and proper harvest. All have to be practiced. It is not just a matter of stocking great genetic bass, but it is a matter of doing all the above things at the right time - ALL the time. If ALL the proper management efforts are not implemented even super growth bass will never reach their potential. Every day that is bass did not fill its belly is a day it did not grow. Food has to be in consumed in surplus for the extra nutrients to go towards growth. Super growth potential stocked bass and not harvested properly will result in a pond full of small stunted bass which is a common problem. Read through many our forum posts about problems with largemouth bass as proof positive. Bass problems are almost always management related problems.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/23/22 09:20 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management