Originally Posted by esshup
...how far away is electric from the pond that you want to aerate?

I have multiple electrical access points. It's kinda hard to make out in the satellite photo but the main residence is at the southeast corner and we have a few barns nearer to the pond, northwest of the house. There is already a 220v power platform directly east of the house that once supplied the pump for the water fountain. I need to investigate that to ensure it is still safe to use. The barns are fully powered with 200A available. At one point we used a pump from the nearest shore to irrigate the farm but nobody remembers if there was an underground power feed. If there is, its covered in brush now. I found the first power platform while clearing brush near the house; nobody remembered that was there either. I have already cleared over 1000ft of bank from the main road to the barn. I am planning on clearing another 300ft this summer and hoping to uncover a second power source. If not, we have discussed trenching a line to the shore from the nearest barn. Though I would like power at the shore too, I will probably just run airline for the aeration pumps and keep the actual pumps in the barn. I believe it is about 120ft from the barn to the shore. Then if I want power at the dock too, that would be about another 500ft. (I can dream, right?)

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
Aeration Plan2.jpg
Last edited by DreamcatcherDB; 01/20/22 09:22 AM.