I thought I had attached a sketch of the dock I am planning but I do not see it under my original posting now. I will attempt to attach that sketch again.

As for washing down, I assume you mean water jetting? My standard design and construction practice is to start simple then get increasingly more complex as the need arises (K.I.S.S.) and to me it seems that pile driving should accomplish the task. If after driving the post to maximum penetration the posts still seem too wiggly, I have already purchased a semi-trash pump that I can modify for jetting use. However, you can imagine my hesitation to jet if the water depth is of great depth. That, combined with dealing with a pump and inevitably getting wet in the cold temperatures makes jetting seem a lot less appealing. As of now, it is my observation that driving down to firm gravel will be more than sufficient considering the cross sectional area of the posts I am using. But, I can see how pipe, with a much smaller cross section would require more extreme methods; As one commenter posted: "Pipe will pound in easier compared to 6x6s". I suppose then the question would be, what is the minimum penetration depth required?[Linked Image]

Attached Images
ODAWA POND DOCK PROJECT.jpg
Last edited by DreamcatcherDB; 03/01/22 10:06 AM.