I have a small pontoon boat that I keep tied up at my pier. It has four 12" pontoons that are 12 feet long. There are two on each side of the boat and they are fairly close together. Maybe only an inch or two of space separates them. I leave this boat tied up the pier most all year round. So you can imagine what kind of gunk is on the pontoons. The algae gunk changes color from a dark blackish green to a pale color after the boat is out of the water and dries. But it's still hard to get off.

I've got the boat out of the water now, and sitting up on pipe jacks ready to clean. I've purchased some aluminum cleaner (Aluma Bright by Bosh) which is basically an acid. I've never tried this method before, but hopefully it will be better than what I did last year. The recommendation on the bottle is to dilute 50% with water and spray on till wet. Then let set no more than 10 minutes and pressure wash off. I haven't tried it yet but it's supposed to foam up as in cleans the aluminum.

In addition to the algae there are some small hard white flecks on the pontoons. These must be scrubbed off with something. Last year I used good old fashioned elbow grease and some scotch bright but it turned into one pain in the ass job. Also, it's darn near impossible to thoroughly clean between the pontoons because they are so close together.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a better (easier) way to clean the pontoons other than what I have described?

By the way, my boat is an Aluma Sport 612 made by Hotwoods. And I just love the boat.

Just an old guy who likes to fish.