Very fortunate to have Pond Boss and these types of conversations, I by all means am so appreciative!

Great way to look at retenone. I personally am more ok with using the chemical than I led on through my earlier text, but it's also great for everyone else who is going to read this to see this. It is plant based chemical afterall! Fish are a natural resource.

I had a seemingly fresh pond, with no LMB and time went on and it was assumed the greenies were dead and gone. I will now know if I get another chance with another body of water, that LMB arent always the main culprit of a self sustaining YP pond, but indeed GSF play a huge factor as well. I do have another pond , which was built the same way in same area with similiar depths that I've stocked YP. This pond had existing populations of the default farm pond species that the Iowa Dnr recommends to only stock...BG, LMB, Crappie, channel cat. I have caught my stocker perch after placing them in the pond, but knew it wouldnt be self sustaining if you will.

The lengths I've gone thus far, I'm not about anything but to keep trying. I'm with you Bill Cody, LmB seem to be kind of the only option to rid and knock down the greenies at this point, because what other species is going to take care of them like they do? I cant think of any from experience anyway. SMB would cost me to purchase for stocking even if we were confident it was a pertinent player in what were trying to achieve. LMB, I can get free, any size, depends on amount a little bit however. I do not like the idea of putting LMB in at this point, but fully understand it is needed.

I also might try to heavily trap and see just how many are left in there(approx). Also, see where the YP population is at, then add some predators to hunt down the remaining, or help keep the greenies knocked down enough for some recruitment. I do worry that I wouldnt be able to fully clean out the pond of LMB if I put even a handful in. They seem do so well with recruitment.

Ultimate goal is a good perch fishery. The YP havent had a full year in the pond yet. If SMB was a go, theyd be swimming in there asap!