Thank you for the advice, it is much appreciated. The gentlemen I had come give me quotes actually helped me map it out, the portion that is below the higher elevation is probably 30% of the total bank. Also, I think the guys who gave me quotes realized I wasn't about to spend that much on a pond and gave me some really good advice on a plan of attack. I split the topsoil down the middle and spread it to the bank of the pond on either side, so covering the grade should be pretty easy. I also left 20 feet on either side of where I want my dam to start piling up the fill from both sides. Having finished moving the topsoil today, I plan on starting to push all the clay towards the dam, but my concern is the trench. Would making the vast majority of the dam out of clay itself still require much of a core? Or just a trench below the base with compacted clay? The pond has about 5 acres of total watershed, and from what the professionals said, I figure that should be enough for a 5-7ft pond with a few deep spots. Thanks again!

Last edited by Wild Flower Farm; 12/03/21 04:49 PM.