I’m new to this deer stuff also. We’ve had our place for 8 years, that’s when I tapered off on bird hunting and tried deer hunting.
We’ve evolved to using the fel on the tractor to bring in the deer, and then hang them from the back legs. My back gives me fits, so I raise and lower the bucket to always work at about chest level. We just catch all blood and guts in a big wash tub, and dump them near where the coyotes hang out.
We don’t skin em. Both of the processors near me guarantee you’ll get “your” deer back for steaks and burger. One cuts the burger with beef fat, the other with pork. I get the back straps cut in 6” lengths. The rest is summer sausage, meat sticks, jerky, and sweet pepper bologna. The bologna is amazing and grows in percentage every year. It’s still on the $$$ side, but a lot less than buying it retail. The burger is good enough to get substituted for any burger use.
One of my favorite pics..
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023