I use "breeder gloves" and put neoprene gloves over those. My wife gutted the buck and butchered the buck and one doe. I gave the other 3 does away after field dressing them. I only hunt on my place, so can only take one more doe with the muzzleloader. I think that I pushed things with my wife field dressing and butchering 6 deer last year. I had a pretty good run for almost 30 years with my wife handling the field dressing and butchering, but she finally had enough of that and put a pre-butchered steer in the big chest freezer. Was only going to take a buck this year, but I love to deer hunt and taking does keeps the population healthy and helps promote trophy bucks (or so they say). I did take an old buck this year and left a younger one that was a quite nice with the hopes that he makes it until next year. I also left a nice 9-point, but he disappeared after opening day of gun. Knew that any of the hunters on the neighboring properties would not let him walk and that he was active during the day. That's just how things go sometimes. I was lucky that all 5 of my deer this year dropped on or very near trails so there was no dragging at all. Dragging the deer is hard on my wife:) If I stop posting for a long time, check the freezer...

Last edited by RAH; 12/02/21 06:36 AM.