I haven't field-dressed a horizontal deer in a very long time. I hang them by the hind legs using a gambrel and come-a-long.
After hanging I chop the head off and skin up a bit past the shoulder blades, then skin from the hind end down. Sounds crazy,
but it's a lot easier to skin the neck and shoulders without the rest of the cape in the way. After the skin is off I slide the front
loader bucket under the animal and remove the innards, letting them flop into the bucket.

After the butchering is done I take boneless meat to the locker plant to have made into summer sausage and slim jims. Around
here it costs $150 to have a deer dressed and butchered, and the locker plants won't take them unless they've been gutted.
Once I've got my tools set up it takes me around 30 minutes to skin and gut a deer. I could probably do one in 15 minutes if I
wanted to work at it, but I rather take my time and enjoy a cold barley pop or three while I'm butchering. If you keep your knives
sharp, have a sawzall, a sturdy work table, etc. it really is pretty easy to butcher a deer yourself.

Back in the day it was gut em on the ground, then hang em from a tree limb in the yard to butcher. Now it's hydraulics and power
tools inside my workshop.

How's this for a fat doe?

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]