Scott really? What a lame response! With all due respect you NEVER shared the information I am describing. You reasons for moving the diffusers shallow to save animals walking on the ice are irrelevant for me. I explained to you that at 10,000' there is no need to put diffusers shallow because there are no animals on the mountain in the winter. You never even hinted at the concept of aeration versus deicing. Don't try to come back now and act like you provided this information. You either did not know or you did not share because you wanted to be paid to come out. You have also tried to discredit me on the doming issues and you are WRONG again. We can keep doing this all day. I know you are trying to generate customers here, but at the end of the day I'd imagine acting like this will do the opposite for you.

Big difference in moving the diffusers to the shoreline in 3-4' of water and suspending them from pipes over deeper water. Just to start there still would have been the doming issue. If you read back thru my posts I had a diffuser on the bottom in 5' of water last year. No hole open there bud.

Also, apparently the fish ARE able to seek out the safe zones. My trout have done it four winters in a row now. Diffusers surrounded by >1.0ppm water and they survived.

At the end of the day, you are an expert and a veteran in your area. You know it well. Stick to that. Three feet of ice is not your area of expertise. A wise man knows when to admit he ain't in his lane.

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 11/17/21 07:17 AM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management