Originally Posted by esshup
Nope, you can bury poly line to the pond. I'd use 1 1/4" dia to compensate for the length of run and to minimize any chance of water condensing and plugging the line due to your soil topography. Solar will need sun all day long, How many trees do you want to cut down to get sun to the panels? Batteries will be needed to run the compressor at night. I'll bet you it will cost you way more $$ to run solar than to run a line back there.

The main issue I’ll have with running the compressor from the barn is the noise. My wife is a very light sleeper. Any noise drives her crazy. Having the compressor right outside our bedroom in the barn (we have a shed house, which is basically an apartment in the back of a metal barn) will not be acceptable. Maybe I could run electrical for a ways, build a small shed for the compressor, then run buried airlines from there, but that sure sounds like a lot of work. I’ve already found solar panels, and two deep cell batteries, I’d need a lot more to make it a system, but maybe I’d get some use out of it. I think I’ve seen here though that a little aeration is worse than no aeration. I may have that backwards. My water temps stay low because of the shade of the trees. It’s pretty cool 12” deep all summer, and my fish appear to be doing alright. I realize it’s a time bomb though, and sitting here on the fence isn’t helping. I just wish there was an easier answer.
Thx

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023