Fishinrod, roaming hounds are a huge problem for deer to hang around for any period of time, you will definitely not have any deer long term with roaming dogs, they will keep your deer moving all the time, especially the old bucks, they tend to bed down in the daytime and dont want to be disturbed, seldom show themselves other then after dark, run them, and any deer, out of their beds a couple times and they will move on to find another place. I would guess the dogs are the major portion of the problem, I had some dogs come through on my cameras about every 2 or 3 days till I left a little note in the owners mailbox, along with a picture of his dogs burning thru the woods, I let him know if he cares about the well being of his dogs that he needs to keep them on his property, they arent safe on other peoples property. never seen them since.
I feed straight corn a little in the winter but cater more to the turkeys, I have the feeders go off about 9 am, that way the turkeys have all day to eat what they want before the deer show up, doesnt work real well because the deer learn the time and hear the feeder. I have resorted to putting out cracked corn on the driveway gravel, that way the deer arent able to clean it up in a few minutes.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.