I pulled the diffuser stand out of the deep water yesterday. Had a bit of trouble getting the cinder block base loose from the clay on the pond bottom.
I'm sure it was quite the sight... old fat man standing in pond hopper boat yanking on a slimy rope while spinning in circles and spouting every profanity
know to man. It finally popped loose and I was able to pull it up to the boat. I did do one thing right that made it easier to get the diffuser stand from
the deep water to the dock - I bent a piece of 3/8" rebar into sort of an S-hook and hung that in an oar lock and over the gunwale and hung the stand
from that rather than hauling the whole thing into the boat.

Once I recovered from that ordeal I took the other diffuser and suspended it like a chandelier from a line attached to the dock. The diffuser is ~18"
below the surface in 4 foot of water. Time will tell if it's in the right place. I'd like to think it's in a spot that will prevent the dock from being locked in ice,
but until we get ice, there's no way to be sure. It's easy enough to move it if need be.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]