Hi - I'm new to the forum - have been reading a lot and appreciate the feedback that everyone gives so wanted to get a little input on my new pond's location. Looking to put in a 1.5 acre pond and have two locations as options. one in fed by a small spring (probably only a few gallons a min flow rate) and has a natural pinch point so would only require a small dam (maybe 75ft at most) but it is also near a railroad (figure it may be high hazard classification) and also would need to clear woods about 2-3 acres worth for it - it has about 35 acres of watershed. The other location is in a pasture with 20 acres of watershed but no natural spring and would probably need about a 200ft dam - it is much closer to house and power (thought about putting in well to help maintain water levels in dryer seasons). Guess my main concern with the pasture location is the lack of a natural water source and the fewer acres of watershed, what are your thoughts - should that be a deal breaker? (also don't want to have to deal with high hazard as it seems like it may cost a lot of time and money).

Thanks for your input!

Attached Images
pond.PNG
Last edited by WoodMan; 11/02/21 10:33 AM.