So let me see if I understand this correctly. If I started with FHM in the spring, then in the fall added 16 female cc, that would be a self sustaining pond. I could also add a limited number of non reproducing BG,BCP or LMB to the pond.

If I added BG that can reproduce, then I would need to add enough female LMB to keep the annual population to less than about 70 fish... Can I do both options, or would the BG and LMB wipe out the FHM?

Optimal fun mix might be FHM, female CC, BG and female LMB then stick a few female BCP in to grow big without reproducing to overpopulate the pond... I do know BCP are tough on FHM, so likely need to reduce numbers of CC...

Will CC feed on BG? Or are they too fast, so you need the LMB to keep BG populations in check? Reason for asking, is I'd like to keep the minnow base doing well to feed the other fish....

Maybe I need to focus on FHM, then add limited numbers of non reproducing other fish like female CC, female BCP, and male BG like you suggest... I wish we had more fish sources out here so I could buy the hybrid blue gill and others... I'll probably have to buy older fish so I can tell the difference between the sexes and that will get expensive..But I guess the pond won't support too many fish anyway.... Thskn so much for the help... J