Thanks for all the feedback and I learned a lot by all the reading that was suggested and then building some test structures and trying to sink them

If you sink long pieces be sure to drill a few holes in the pipe every 3-6 feet. I found this out when we tried to launch "The Octopus Bucket " and it floated away.

This stuff has almost neutral buoyancy and does not need a large amount of weight to sink it ( thanks Omaha).

My wife saw me sinking this structure and then asked me to trim our trees in the yard before I continue "My New HOBBY". I now have 12 HUGE piles of brush sitting in my yard from the oaks I trimmed. I plan on sinking one artificial structure and then maybe 2 or three of these huge oak tree branches and then another artificial structure on the other end. Does this make sense or should I not mix artificial and tree/brush structure?

Has anyone ever made structure that moves with the current? I am asking because I drilled holes in the middle of 3 foot pieces of this pipe. I then took an eight foot piece of rope and every 8 inches I attached a piece of pipe and then tied a knot. I ended up with a tree-like structure that moves in the current. All the "branches" are the same 3 foot length and it is tide down with half a cinder block.

I also made another "moving tree" by drilling holes at the End of each pipe and tying it the same way- every 8 inches. Instead of the pipe laying horizontal, they lay vertical. I am sure the pipes will hit each other when there is a strong current, and would that scare away the fish? Is this moving structure a waste of time and should I stick to sinking them in cement?