Good discussion, jpsdad. I'm not real good at taking things on faith. Observational evidence either supports a proposition, or it doesn't. Many things people believe are, in fact, false.
I was trained from childhood to think skeptically, especially at stuff "everyone" knows is true, or because "science" says so.

A brief comment on the Big Bang. Roger Penrose & Stephen Hawking demonstrated that prior to the BB, neither space, time, matter, or energy existed. Thus, whatever caused the BB had to be spaceless, timeless, immaterial. Also immensely powerful, and, given the incredible fine tuned universe for life, intelligent with purpose. Implications are so obvious that the atheistic Soviet Union actually forbade teaching the BB for years.

Back to fish. I recall reading that scientists have discovered that the genetic instructions to build an air breathing animal are found in fish, something like fifty million years prior to land animals appearing. Hard to explain why these utterly useless genes would hang around if they were the mere product of chance.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160