Hey folks,
I'm new to the pond world but had one on my property all my life including growing up. I recently built a small one near the house, 1/2 acre surface but 30ft deep at dam for some casual bass fishing. I added an aerator to the deep end as well.

The pond filled early 2021. In January I sunk 10 pine trees to the bottom for habitat, and in March/April I had 40lbs of fatheads and 40lbs of shiners added to it. Intent being, to get the ecosystem going before adding the bigger fish.

This week, I had the pond stocked. I was supposed to be getting/the invoice & order shows I got:
  • 40lbs more fatheads
  • 40lbs more shiners
  • 40 5-7" largemouth bass
  • 750 4-6" bluegill
  • 20 5-7" hybrid striped bass
  • 15 4-6" channel catfish

I thought the guy delivering seemed like he was here quick, so I asked him before he left - you got ALL this delivered? He seemed legit when he answered, so I accepted it. When I walked inside, my wife asked me the same thing... so I went back and watched the security camera. The delivery guy made 4 trips, each trip carrying a 5gal bucket in each hand -- 8 5gal buckets total.

I'm assuming the 40lbs of fatheads and shiners are using the buckets as measurement, so that was a bucket each. Which leaves 6 buckets.

Are all those fish possible to move in 6 buckets? That seemed unrealistic, but before I approached them, I wanted to make sure my head is on straight! smile

Thanks,
Colin

PS- would love to get input on what I'm doing here or tips, but let's limit this thread just to the question at hand please.

Attached Images
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 06.27.13.png
Last edited by turbo2liter; 10/21/21 05:28 AM.