Originally Posted by Joey Quarry
Originally Posted by Augie
Seemed a straightforward question to me.

I'd like to understand how the level of dissolved solids in a BOW can change overnight, solely due to changes in atmospheric conditions.

I'm a simpleton in these matters. Please enlighten me.

Augie, TDS, Total Dissolved Solids, is an entirely different question, subject and answer, not applicable to this thread.

As far as esshup's question, it is commonly studied, especially in wastewater treatment, how temperature and ph can impact microorganisms nutrient removal efficiency.

Asking for a ppm to the ten thousandths based on two atmospheric parameters, is the acme of foolishness.

No, it's not a silly question. It was stated that it was pointless to take a single day sample to get a baseline of P in a pond strictly because of atmospheric conditions. I don't believe that strictly atmospheric conditions (Rainfall can change P levels - I am not disputing that) will change P levels in a pond (not a wastewater facility) significantly enough to make a significant (sufficiently great to be worthy of attention) difference in P levels in a 24 hour period. When I send water out to be tested, the TP test results come back in a 0.0000 figure. What other atmospheric conditions will significantly change P levels in a pond within a 24 hour period?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).