And since you are in Illinois, you cannot legally stock Tilapia.

It's best to read the label on the herbicides and follow the labeled directions. More is not better, you can shock the plant when the herbicide first contacts it so it shuts down and doesn't uptake ANY herbicide, then you've just wasted your $$$.

You cannot spot treat with liquid Fluridone - you have to do the whole pond. You *might* be able to treat a certain area with Fluridone granules, but if you do you most likely have bleed over because the fluridone has to be in contact with the plant for 30-45 days.

I know a lady that treated the water in front of their lake house with the Fluridone pellets. She applied about $2,000.00 worth of pellets in an area that was 50' x 150' That kept the weeds at bay for 3 years. Today's prices that would probably equate to more than $3,000.00.

I am going to go and delete the other duplicate threads to clean up the forum, I will leave the images in the photo gallery. This is the most appropriate place for this particular question, so this one will stay.

You may want to use a mix of cutrine plus and Endothall. (Aquathol K or Aquathol Super K) Late in the season the algae that might be present on the plant will stop the herbicide from getting to the plant. Hydrothol 191 can be toxic to fish so you have to be careful how you apply it.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).